[THF] Login Server FAQ

Information about The Hidden Forest server.
Lillu

[THF] Login Server FAQ

Post#1 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Q1: What's the difference between the THF and eqemu login servers?
The eqemu login server is hosted by the eqemulator team while the THF login server is hosted by the THF team. They both function equally and let you connect to the THF game server.

Q2: How to create a THF account?
Simply fill out the registration form: HERE. Please note, the THF player account is not identical with the THF forum account, they are completely separate.

Q2: Can I play on THF with an eqemu account?
Yes. You can alternatively create a THF account as detailed in Q2. Both account types are equally supported.

Q4: How do I use the THF Private Login Server?
1. If you have a THF account, go on to step 3. Please note that the THF player account is not the same as THF forum account.

2. If you have an eqemu account, register (link it) to the THF login server. You can check if the account is linked already ingame with the #getlsinfo command.
To do so, log in to THF game server using the eqemu login server. Once you are in game, run the following command #setlsinfo accountname email password
For example : #setlsinfo MyAccountName myemail@email.com MyPassword
You'll need to repeat this with all of your existing eqemu accounts, can use the same email address for any and all your accounts.

Make sure that the email address is valid and you have access to it or you won't be able to use features like password reset, etc.

3. Change your eqhost.txt file to point to the THF Login Server.
To do so go to your Everquest directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\Everquest) and make a copy of the file eqhost.txt to eqhost.txt_backup. Then open the original eqhost.txt file and change it's content the the below lines.

[LoginServer]
Host=login.thehiddenforest.org:5999

Once you are done, you are ready to run EverQuest and connect to THF game server via the THF login server.

Q5: Can I use my THF account on other eqemu servers?
No. THF accounts are exclusively for the THF game server.

Q6: If the eqemu login server would be offline, can i use the THF login server with my eqemu account?
Yes, if you previously registered your account with the #setlsinfo command in-game (see above).

Q7: Can I reset or recover my THF account password?
Yes, you can reset and also recover your THF account password.

Q8: Can use the same account name to register at THF as my eqemu account name?
Yes (as long as it's not in use already), but if you would, please make sure to pick a different password for each of em.

Q9: Can I use the same e-mail address for different account registration?
Yes.

Q10: I don't see the amount of players online while using the Private Login Server
That's normal. The THF login server is not supporting that feature, yet.

Q11: I have connection issue, or other questions. Where can I post it?
Click: Here.

Return to “Server Information”