Poll: Plane of Hate

Tell us what you think!

Poll: Which Plane of Hate would you prefer to see on THF?

Original Plane of Hate (old school)
30%
New Plane of Hate (can view on THF via Normal Fairy)
70%
Total votes: 43

Ydiss

Poll: Plane of Hate

Post#1 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Several years ago I floated the idea of creating a new zone based on Plane of Hate. Now that I'm a content developer, the idea could potentially become a reality :)

There aren't any current firm plans to do this but reading that thread reminded me that there are two versions of Plane of Hate (old and new). I'd be really interested in seeing what everyone here would prefer to see, if it were made into a custom THF zone.

Please do also add any comments or discussion about this (including any ideas you may have). Whilst there are no current plans, this is a zone I'd absolutely love to develop and any ideas or suggestions are welcome and will be taken into consideration.

For those who haven't ever seen the original Plane of Hate, if you'd like screen shots then please shout up and we can add some later. If you want to view the new Plane of Hate, you can do so currently by hailing the Normal Zones TP fairy in THF or THV. In short, the major differences are the old school zone is lower tech (doesn't look as pretty) and quite harsh (tight corrdidors, difficult to pull) but, obviously for some old school players, will likely hold more nostalgia/memories value.

PS It's not entirely out of the question that both could be used in some manner or fashion. But I just want to know which is your absolute favourite if you had to choose one.

Viscosity2014

Re: Poll: Plane of Hate

Post#2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:44 pm

I'd be happy with just a populated old-school Plane of Hate, with the different mini's scaled to be something other than a named trash mob. Throw in some rampage or flurries, maybe an AE or 2. Keep Vaion's hand off the DT mechanics!!! Lol Maybe, revamp the old armor sets (Apothic, etc.) Just some ideas.
-Vyrial-
Officer of Legion of Darkness

Nilbus

Post#3 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

I much prefer hateplaneB, easier to move around in. The days of sitting in the port in room while a monk ran out and pulled were boring.
Nodyin-Nilbus-Pockit-Tiah-Rakas- Funeral
Likeatruck-Khaltos-Nilbie-Ziknaf-Prathun-Missus
Elidor
Youme-Yumme-Blazingtide-Sublin-Lissanda-Darmok
Djarik-Ikat-Nerys-Ometi-Tarana-Biln

I know way too much random stuff.

Hektus

Post#4 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:25 am

Usually I'm nostalgic about old zones but I think the new plane of hate is an improvement over the old one. Similar syle just with a better layout with more space to move around.
<Heroes of The Seven Suns>
/tell Program to talk to me in game

Denizen

Post#5 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:31 pm

Back in the day, I was a real Plane of Hate fan and used to do leveling up there...now just go back for nostalgia....

Would be great to see it updated and to a new vision.
Rafe, 70 sk

Denizen

Post#6 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:22 pm

ps: another plane that could use a refresh...Plane of Mischief... pretty much unused by just about everyone on THF.
Rafe, 70 sk

Grey

Post#7 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:01 pm

Denizen wrote:ps: another plane that could use a refresh...Plane of Mischief... pretty much unused by just about everyone on THF.

If I still played I would vote for some PoM, I lived in that zone years upon years ago when you had to make the ntov run to get in

edit: voted for new because I hated the old zone. hated hated hated. Did I tell you I hated it? :D

antihero

Post#8 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:26 am

As long as Inny remains a part of the revamp in some form, go for it! Hell, I might even come back for that. Don't tell my wife, though! ;)
Antihero - Founder of <Dark Redemption>

Dark Redemption....Eating uber guild leftovers since 2010!

Ydiss

Post#9 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:35 am

Thanks for your input everyone. If we do create a revamp of plane of hate and we end up using the new version, I think we could still do a quick upgrade on the old (levels, stats) and let players use it for nostalgia and exp.

PoM isn't off the table either. I didn't get to play PoM on live. What were the things you enjoyed the most about the zone (besides what you've said already)?

Keep the ideas coming.

Viscosity2014

Post#10 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:03 pm

PoM was memorable from the crazy area's in the zone. Like the hedge maze. The Alice wing, the black and white room. etc. However, I do recommend a good guide to navigate it for those who've never been there. I could see that being a frustration point.
-Vyrial-
Officer of Legion of Darkness

Return to “Polls”