HoH points question - Keep zone line credit vs limit to range 250?

Tell us what you think!

Poll: Keep zone line credit vs limit to range 250?

Keep zone line credit
81%
Limit to range 250
19%
Total votes: 31

Lillu

HoH points question - Keep zone line credit vs limit to range 250?

Post#1 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:17 pm

We'd like to ask our community for some feedback about a possible change to how players obtain HoH points.

GM Peterigz is polishing the achievement system ATM and he made the kill achievements so as long as a player is within 250 units range, he/she'll get the achievement even in group/raid. He also applied the same change to the kill credit code as well for task updates. (coming soon with a code update)

I believe this is a really nice quality of life change and we are thinking about implementing this logic for obtaining HoH points to make the system fair and consistent.

Please let us know.

Nizzy

Re: HoH points question - Keep zone line credit vs limit to range 250?

Post#2 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:02 pm

Voted to leave it as is for one simple reason. That fist task is just brutal and I think the only changes made since I started playing were you didn't have to do each section in order and Templar Guardians reduced from 150 to 75 (still only 6 in zone).
If the total kill count was reduced for Guardian of the Djinn then maybe I would vote the other way.
Nizzy

Ydiss

Post#3 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:13 pm

Nizzy wrote:Voted to leave it as is for one simple reason. That fist task is just brutal and I think the only changes made since I started playing were you didn't have to do each section in order and Templar Guardians reduced from 150 to 75 (still only 6 in zone).
If the total kill count was reduced for Guardian of the Djinn then maybe I would vote the other way.

Those 6 templar spawns were brutal. I think it was us that asked that to be halved :)

I think this task isn't beyond review (adding more templar spawns is an easy win). It's been several years since I did it. Can you be more specific about what you feel should change (how many you think it should be) and we can look at it.

Nizzy

Post#4 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:21 am

It took me right around 6 hours to complete it start to finish. That was after Frey showed up and starting killing in another part of the zone.
Nizzy

Lillu

Post#5 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:06 am

Nizzy wrote:It took me right around 6 hours to complete it start to finish. That was after Frey showed up and starting killing in another part of the zone.

It took me 2 weeks straight camping back on live to get the halfling illusion mask, I still remember that moment of achievement though. ;)

Please, if you vote to keep the legacy system, give us an explanation why do you feel it right to keep it rather than fix it.

Ydiss

Post#6 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:23 pm

I'd rather address the task itself if it's deemed necessary to use a relatively broken mechanic to compete said task, if that's the only reason afk farming is seen as desirable.

Muergan

Post#7 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:43 pm

For me its not so much afk farming but our guild would take different parts of the zone and the three of us killing all at once brought in the points pretty fast. Basically it would let us accomplish getting points together faster, and lets face it 48 toons all together killing hoh mobs is overkill and laggy :)

clarky2010

Post#8 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:13 pm

I agreee with Meurgan,
When people raid up for HoH, They gernearlly split and go different ways, lets be honest its majorly overkill if a raid sticks together, plus extremetly laggy at times,

generally one of us will take a left, other will take a right, and we spend a few hours,
because let alone that task is brutal,
and need to farm alot of points for gear too

Ydiss

Post#9 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:35 pm

We're considering just trippling the existing points rewarded and then applying this change to everything. We really don't want to carry on with the existing method because it's so flakey and we want a robust method for making sure everyone always gets credit for quests, yet not if they're sat AFK at the zone in on the other side of the zone.

Given HOH points acquisition is felt to be so slow that splitting off and sharing updates is required, it'll be a win/win if we just speed up points acquisition for everyone, not just those who can mass farm in this way. But stop the idea that you're gaining progress for kills on the other side of the zone (which really isn't something any of us think is particularly great).

We'll have a think and decide what to do about this at some point soon.

xadien

Post#10 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:40 am

Why not just add a HOH point increase for Raid boss kills? Nadox is already double HOH, with Necklace going, and boss kills they add up really fast.
Voki
<Sanctuary>
Guild Leader

Return to “Polls”