Below you will find a detailed installation guide for The Hidden Forest Patcher.
Please Read prior to downloading the Patcher:
- You must have an Underfoot client, no other client supported at this time.
- If you have already downloaded the patcher, you will never need to re-download it again. The patcher already has a built in updater to ensure that you have the latest version of the patcher.
- The patcher runs automatically upon start up. If you have customized files, you will need to back up those files first.
- You should run the Patcher at least once a week to ensure that you have the latest server files. An announcement will be made when new files are available as well.
1) If you are running Windows XP then the Patcher will NOT function for you due to incompatability with the program. Please proceed to this post for further instructions for Windows XP users only.
2) If you are running Windows Vista or higher, than you need to make sure you have .NET framework 4.5.1 or higher installed. If you need to download it, you can find it here at this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=40773
Download the Patcher here:
Right click on the THFDownloader.zip and extract the Patcher into your The Hidden Forest EverQuest directory (Where you launch Everquest from)
Double click on the THFDownloader.exe
Optional Step 4:
If you did not put the Patcher into a folder with a compatible EQgame.exe, the patcher will ask you to navigate to a folder containing a compatible EQgame.exe.
**Note** The server files will download into the folder with the EQGame.exe.
Allow the Patcher to run. It will automatically search for any updates to the Patcher, and then any updates to the server files and download everything on its own.
Log into The Hidden Forest Server and have some fun!
Optional Step 7:
If you would like to create a short-cut to the Patcher, simply right click on the THFDownloader.exe and go to "Send To" and select Desktop (Create shortcut). This will make a short cut on your desktop for easier updating.
As always, please feel free to ask any questions and give feedback on the Patcher.